Oeblarn, Styria, market town in the district of Liezen, alt. 668 m, pop. 1,478, area 49.14 km2, in the Upper Enns Valley. - Recreation facility, festivals; construction and wood processing companies, tourism. - First documented mention in 1263, from the 15th -19th centuries silver and copper mining in the Walchen region. Parish church (1727-1729) with columnar high altar (documented mention in 1755), altar-piece by J. F. Fromiller and 4 statues of saints by J. T. Stammel; Calvary with crucifixion (around 1730); old houses in the centre (17th /18th centuries), manor (1565) with Roman remnants. House of the poetess P. Grogger (P. Grogger Museum). On the opposite bank of the River Enns, Gstatt Castle (municipality of Mitterberg, renovations from 1563-1565, reconstruction 1723-1726).