Aggsbach Markt, Lower Austria, market town in the district of Krems an der Donau, alt. 214 m, pop. 735, area 13.72 km2, on the northern bank of the Danube in the Wachau Valley, at the mouth of the Endlingbach stream. - Wachau fireworks factory. - First documented in 1148 as "Accusabah"; Late Romanesque parish church (end of 13th century) changed to Baroque style, old residential houses (16th century). The "Venus von Willendorf" (Venus of Willendorf) was found within the market town of Aggsbach; in addition, Paleolithic cooking hearths, stone instruments, and a human molar from around 25,000 B.C. were found there.