Altlengbach, Lower Austria, market town in the district of St. Poelten, alt. 290 m, pop. 2,670 (1981: pop. 2,108), area 35.58 km2, in southwestern Vienna Woods, supervisory department of the 2nd Viennese water pipeline from high mountain springs. - Timber and plastic processing, production of bicycles and lighted advertising signs. - Gothic staggered church (nave higher than aisles) and Romanesque stone relief, parish house (built into medieval fortified building), castle ruins (built around 1400, destroyed 1683).
Further reading#L. Sackmauer (ed.), Altlengbach. Chronik, 2 vols., 1981-1984.