Attnang-Puchheim, Upper Austria, town in the district of Voecklabruck, alt. 416 m, pop. 8,139, area 12.32 km2, at the confluence of the Aurach stream and the River Ager, north of Gmunden; railway junction. - Vocational school for metalworking trades; economic importance thanks to favourable traffic connections; 5,052 employed in 1991, half of whom are in industry, half in trades (timber and metal processing, machine manufacturing, food production, mattress and upholstered furniture manufacturing, chemical plant) and service sector. - Parish church (1953), filial church of St. Martin (changed to Baroque style), Redemptorist church and monastery (1890) and palace (16th-17th centuries) with arcaded courtyard in pilgrimage town of Puchheim; Attnang-Puchheim was severely damaged at the end of World War II.
Further reading#S. Traxler and H. Boehm, 25 Jahre Marktgemeinde Attnang-Puchheim, 1980.