Associate Professor of Law
Fordham University School of Law
150 West 62nd Street, New York, NY 10023
Telephone: (+1) 646-312-8752
Web page with much more detailed information
Research & Teaching Areas
Comparative; Business; Economics & Law
An expert in comparative corporate law and governance, Associate Professor Martin Gelter joined Fordham Law School in 2009.
Previously, he was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Law and Business Law at the WU Vienna University of Economics.
He also has been a Terence M. Considine Fellow in Law and Economics and a John M. Olin Fellow in Law and Economics at Harvard Law School, and a Visiting Fellow at the University of Bologna.
His scholarship has been published in distinguished journals including Harvard International Law Journal, NYU Journal of Law and Business, and Fordham International Law Journal.
Previous experience includes
- Assistant Professor, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Civil Law and Business Law
- Terence M. Considine Fellow and John M. Olin Fellow in Law and Economics, John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics, and Business, Harvard Law School
- Visiting Fellow, Institute of Advanced Studies, Department of Law “Antonio Cicù” and Department of Economics, University of Bologna
- European Corporate Governance Institute (nominated as research associate in 2006)
- American Law and Economics Association
- European Association for Law and Economics
- Harvard Law School, S.J.D., 2009, LL.M., 2003 (waived for S.J.D. fellowship)
- WU Vienna University of Economics and Business, Dr. rer.soc.oec., 2003, Mag.rer.soc.oec., 1998
- University of Vienna, Dr. iur., 2001, Mag. iur., 1998