unbekannter Gast

Bühne, Neue Wiener#

Buehne, Neue Wiener was opened in what used to be the Harmonietheater in the 9th district of Vienna in 1908 as a theatre exclusively devoted to drama; under the management of Emil Geyer (1913-1922) it established its reputation as a progressive and literary stage which did much for expressionist drama; from 1925 lighter plays were performed; closed in 1928; among the actors who played at the theatre were A. Moissi, O. Tressler and P. Wegener.


G. Boehm, Geschichte der Neuen Wiener Buehne, doctoral thesis, Vienna 1965.