Bank für Tirol und Vorarlberg AG, BTV#
Bank fuer Tirol und Vorarlberg AG, BTV. The bank was founded in 1904 by the K.k. privileged Allgemeine Verkehrsbank, Vienna, as a company limited by shares in Innsbruck. As it incorporated the old-established private banks Payr & Sonvico (Innsbruck) and Ludwig Brettauer sel. Erben (Bregenz), it had a firm foothold as a bank for private and corporate clients in the two provinces of Tirol and Vorarlberg from the very beginning.
During the 1920s and 1930s, the bank incorporated another three Tirolean financial institutes and, owing to those new customers and branch offices, further strengthened its market position in the province of Tirol. During the 1960s and 1970s, the network of branch offices in Austria' s western provinces was gradually expanded, and in the autumn of 1989 a branch establishment was opened in Vienna.
In 1999 the BTV had 39 branch offices, 26 of which are in Tirol, 8 in Vorarlberg, and one in Vienna. It also has a representative office in Verona (Italy) and a consulting office in Bolzano (Italy). Its balance sheet total amounted to ATS 54.9 bn in 1998 and it employed a staff 746. This independent regional bank is listed on the stock exchange and is the leading bank for general banking transactions in western Austria. Since 1997 the BTV has intensified its cooperation with Oberbank AG and the Bank fuer Kaernten und Steiermark AG.