Baroque Museum, Austrian (at Unteres Belvedere, Vienna, 3rd district). The Austrian Baroque Museum was the first collection of the Oesterreichische Galerie (Austrian Gallery). It opened its doors in 1923. The building itself was Prince Eugène's residential palace. The magnificent synthesis of palace and collection in their constitutes a "total work of art" rarely found in Central Europe. The collection focuses mainly on the peak of Austrian Baroque, displaying paintings by J. M. Rottmayr, P. Troger, M. Altomonte, F. A. Maulbertsch, M. J. Schmidt, and plastics by the two major sculptors of the time, G. R. Donner and F. X. Messerschmidt.