Baumgarten, part of the 14th district of Vienna, independent municipality until 1891 (documented 1195), part of the 13th district until 1938. Previously many factories, but today mainly residential. In 1779, General A. Hadik erected a palace in upper Baumgarten that was a popular entertainment establishment in the 19th century. On the Baumgartner Hoehe hill above Baumgarten there is a pulmonological therapy centre and a mental hospital (Steinhof, built 1905-1907). The church of this institution, whose architect was O. Wagner, ranks among the major religious buildings in the Jugendstil tradition. Refuse incinerator at Floetzersteig street, neo-Romanesque parish church (1906-1908).