Bludesch, Vorarlberg, municipality in the district of Bregenz, alt. 530 m, pop. 1,539 (1981: pop. 1,236), area 7.57 km2, situated in the Walgau area. - Walgau military barracks, hall of residence of the Sisters of Mercy, Lutz power station (built in 1959, 38,200 MWh) of the Vorarlberger Kraftwerke AG; battery production, steel construction, zinc-coating. - First documented mention around 842, Baroque parish church (1650/51) by M. Beer, subsidiary church at Zitz with the oldest frescoes in Vorarlberg (around 1330), Unterhalden and Oberhalden manor houses (17th century), ruin of Jordan manor (1653-1655).
Literature#F. H. Erne, Der obere Walgau, 1959.