Brand, Vorarlberg, municipality in the district of Bludenz, alt. 1,010 m, pop. 646, area 40.19 km2, bi-seasonal tourist resort (287,997 overnight stays per year). Situated in the Brandner valley at the foot of the Schesaplana (alt. 2965 m) in the Raetikon region. - First documented mention in 1347, founded by 12 families from the Walser valley; partly Gothic parish church (first documented mention in 1510) with frescoes and a modern extension (1961-1966), old Walser Paarhof farmhouses. Cable railway to Luenersee lake (alt. 1970 m).