b. Vienna, Nov. 15, 1896, d. London (United Kingdom), April 26, 1967, sculptor, graphic artist and caricaturist. Studied with A. Hanak and H. Bitterlich; political caricaturist in the 1920s, then first public works of sculpture such as the Lessing memorial at Judenplatz in Vienna; emigrated to London in 1935; experimented with new techniques (e.g. synthetic resin). Since 1982 his artistic estate has been in the C. Museum in Langenzersdorf.
Literature#Catalogue C.-Museum Langenzersdorf, 1982; H. K. Gross, Die Wiener Jahre des Karikaturisten und Bildhauers S. C., 1997.