Demelòs Söhne GmbH#
Demel´s Soehne GmbH, patisserie founded in 1786 by Ludwig Dehne on the Michaelerplatz square in Vienna's first district; in 1857 his son August passed it on to Christoph Demel, who transferred it to Kohlmarkt street. Klara Demel's husband, Federico Berzeviczy-Pallavicini, was manager until 1972, when Demel's was purchased by a Swiss corporation (U. Proksch). The building and the konditorei were owned by G. Wichmann from 1989 to 1993; since 1994 property of the Raiffeisen Bank Vienna, later called Raiffeisen-Landesbank NOe.-Wien (Raiffeisen-Landesbank Lower Austria and Vienna).
Literature#F. Berzeviczy-Pallavicini, Die kaiserlich-koenigliche Hofzuckerbaeckerei Demel, 1976.