Diex, Carinthia, municipality in the district of Voelkermarkt, alt. 1,153 m, pop. 943 (1981: 1,101), area 54.91 km2, small holiday resort at the southern foot of the Saualpe mountains. First documented in 895 as "mons Diehse", Gothic fortified church situated on a hilltop with fortified walls and walks along the battlements (around 1500), Baroque alterations in the 17th century. In the area there are also other Gothic fortified churches: Grafenbach (around 1520) and Greutschach (14th /15th centuries).