b. Klagenfurt (Carinthia), July 6, 1934. architect. Since 1980 professor at the University of Technology in Graz. one of the founders of the "Graz School". 1963-1975 partnership with E. Huth. D.'s works encompass a broad aesthetic spectrum, from sculptural, exposed-concrete architecture (Paedagogische Akademie Graz, 1963-1969) to organic expressiveness (Z-Bank Austria in the Favoriten (10th) district of Vienna, 1975-1979; "Steinhaus" in Steindorf, 1986).
Further works#Roemisch-katholisches Kirchenzentrum (Roman Catholic church centre), Oberwart 1965-1969; Forschungs- und Rechenzentrum (research and computer centre), Leoben 1969-1974; swimming pool pavilion for Munich Olympics 1970-1972; ship pier, Woerther See, Klagenfurt 1979-1982 (with V. Giencke); Humanic shoe shops, 1979-1983; expansion of the University of Technology in Graz, 1983-1993; Faculty of Law, Social Science and Economics building of the University of Graz, 1986-1996 (with H. Eisenkoeck); Unzmarkt power plant, 1988 (with P. Hellweger), Z-Bank Austria Headquarters, Vienna 1990-1992; Landeskrankenhaus Bruck an der Mur (hospital), 1991-1994; Mursteg (bridge), Graz 1992; secondary school in Essling, 22nd district of Vienna, 1994-1996; Grubenhunt und Ofensau, Carinthian provincial exhibition in Huettenberg, 1995. - G. D., Werkbuch, 1991.
Literature#Architektur-Investitionen - Grazer "Schule" - 13 Standpunkte, 1984.