b. Krems (Lower Austria), Feb. 27, 1890, d. Krems, Sept. 10, 1974. Numismatist at the Vienna Kunsthistorisches Museum; 1938-1945 1st director of the Museum. Supervised the Order of the Golden Fleece and art treasures from the Klosterneuburg Monastery; 1944 headed the rescue of the Kunsthistorisches Museum. 1947-1958 head of the Krems Culture Authority; set up large-scale cultural history exhibits in Lower Austria; in 1965 headed the "Kunst der Donauschule" (Art of the Danube School) exhibition in St. Florian.
Publication#Die Gotik in Niederoesterreich, 1963 (ed.).
Literature#H. Kuehnel, F. D., Mittlg. des Kremser Stadtarchivs 23-25, 1985.