Eugendorf, province of Salzburg, market town in the district of Salzburg Land, alt. 560 m, population 4,889 (1981: pop. 3,861), area 29.04 km2, north-east of Salzburg, near lake Wallersee. Dynamic economic structure with numerous new businesses (especially businesses from the city of Salzburg), mainly trading firms (dyes, varnishes and scumbles, building fittings, wood and plastic panels, saws, machinery, furniture etc.), manufacturing (production of special drills, parquetry, tanks and containers). - First documented mention in 730; late Baroque parish church (Gothic tower, 1736/37 re-construction) with Crucifixion group (around 1700) from M. Guggenbichler´s workshop. Filial churches in Kirchberg (Romanesque nave, late Gothic choir, high altar by M. Guggenbichler) and Muehlberg (15th century).
Literature#A. Radauer, Eugendorf Heimatbuch, 1987.