unbekannter Gast


Favorita, former imperial summer residence in the fourth district of Vienna, rebuilt later as the Theresianum, originally built in 1623, official residence of 3 Empresses: Maria Anna and Eleonore (first and second wives of Ferdinand II) and Eleonore (third wife of Ferdinand III), largely destroyed in 1683, rebuilt in 1687-1690 by L. Burnacini; afterwards the Favorita hosted extravagant court festivities, theatre productions and hunting parties. After the death of Emperor Karl VI, the father of Maria Theresia, in the Favorita, Maria Theresia moved the imperial summer residence to Schoenbrunn Palace. In 1746 the Jesuits ran a school in the residence, which was later converted into the Theresianische Ritterakademie by Maria Theresia in 1749.