Feldkirchen an der Donau#
Feldkirchen an der Donau, Upper Austria, market town in the district of Urfahr-Umgebung, alt. 268 m, pop. 4,534 (1981: pop 4,042), area 39.50 km2, mid-point of the Eferding Basin on the northern side of the Danube. - Fachschule (agricultural studies) (in Bergheim), recreational area with golf course (in Weidet), water-ski pull, Kneippkurhaus spa of the Sisterhood of Mary in Bad Muehllacken. Knitwear and timber industries. - Late Gothic parish church (around 1510) with Rococo interior (added in 1770-1780); filial church (14th century) in Pesenbach, buttressed basilica with late Gothic winged altar (1495). - Bad Muehllacken (part of Feldkirchen an der Donau) first documented mention 1564, Mariahilf chapel (around 1600, high altar dating from the early 17th century), baths (around 1830); Muehldorf Castle, formerly surrounded by a water-filled moat (now hosts seminars), museum of local history, Pesenbachtal nature preserve with limestone deposits.
Literature#D. Assmann and H. Schober, 100 Jahre Gemeinde Feldkirchen an der Donau (1875-1975), 1975.