b. Oct. 21, 1925, architect and architectural theorist. Studied at the University of Technology in Vienna, where he became K. Schwanzer's assistant. Co-operated with various groups, such as Haus-Rucker-Co, Coop Himmelblau and Zuend-up. Author of articles for different magazines ("Bau", "Transparent", "Daidalos"), architectural critic for various newspapers. 1973-1996 professor of environmental design at the Hochschule fuer Gestaltung in Linz, now the Universitaet fuer kuenstlerische und industrielle Gestaltung (University of Artistic and Industrial Design), as well as lecturer at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna and the Vienna University of Technology. Especially interested in architecture within its social context, in revitalization and town planning.
Projects: Hoersching housing estate (Upper Austria), 1967-1979; Vienna-Hirschstetten residential complex (with R. Krier and M. Stein), 1985-1987; revitalization of the Augarten, 1988-1995 (Vienna, with E. Goeth).
Publications#Visionaere Architektur 1958-1988, 1988; Androgyne Architektur, 1999.