b. Bad Leonfelden (Upper Austria), Nov. 2, 1878, d. Stockerau (Lower Austria), Nov. 5, 1936, painter and artisan. Was a pupil of K. Moser and founded the Vienna Mosaic Workshop in 1908. After 1918 the company in Stockerau was run as a studio for fine glass, mosaic and enamel. Was a member of the Wiener Werkstaette and of the Oesterreichischer Werkbund. Among other projects, F. made mosaics for the Church Am Steinhof (by O. Wagner) and for J. Hoffmann (Stoclet Palace in Brussels and Villa Ast in the 19th district of Vienna).
Literature#E. Laessig, L. F. als christl. Kuenstler des Jugendstils, doctoral thesis, Vienna 1989; L. F. 1878-1936 - Mosaik, Graphik und Glas des Wr. Jugendstils, exhibition catalogue, Stockerau 1989.