unbekannter Gast

Franz-Josefs-Bahn#

Franz-Josefs-Bahn, railway line connecting Bohemia and Vienna built after the War of 1866, its terminal station in the 9th district of Vienna, built in 1872, was the first within the city limits; the Franz Josef railway line crosses the Danube at Tulln; in Absdorf-Hippersdorf the Danube Railway (Donauuferbahn) branches off and runs through Krems toward Mauthausen- St. Valentin. As the Franz Josef railway line does not service three political district capitals in the Waldviertel region (Horn, Zwettl and Waidhofen an der Thaya), these cities were connected by means of branch lines. Since the railway junction was in an area ceded to the CSR in 1919, a new border railway station had to be built at Gmuend.