Freytag-Berndt und Artaria KG#
Freytag-Berndt und Artaria KG, product of a merger in 1920 between the company founded in 1885 by G. Freytag and W. Berndt and the Artaria publishing house; after 1945 became Austria's leading cartographic publisher. It has more than 300 titles in its progamme, covering the entire range of political, road, hiking maps, city and school maps. Its computer-based cartographic technique is the most modern of Europe. The company has subsidiaries in Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary. The enterprise had a staff of 115 in 1997, when total sales amounted to ATS 208 million.
Literature#Festschrift 200 Jahre Freytag-Berndt und Artaria, 1970.