Fulpmes, Tirol, municipality in the district of Innsbruck-Land, alt. 937 m, pop. 3,611 (1981: pop. 2,973), area 16.78 km2, bi-seasonal tourist resort (401,797 overnight stays) and chief town of the Stubai valley; the Serles mountain (alt. 2,718 m) towers above Fulpmes. - Health and social insurance branch office, health and social centre of the Stubai valley, hydroelectric plant, technical school, school of the Salesians of Don Bosco, adult education centre, wildlife park near Medraz. Long history of iron processing in Fulpmes, small metal processing enterprises: manufacturing of tools, machinery parts, knives, equipment for Alpine sports and wrought-iron products, electroplating plant; supplier firm to the automotive industry, bell production. - First documented mention in 1286; parish church (first documented in 1368, rebuilt in 1745-1747) with frescoes by J. G. Bergmueller (1747); Baroque church in Medraz, central construction (1746/1747). Technology monuments from the 19th century at Schlickerbach.