Gaaden, Lower Austria, municipality in the district of Moedling, alt. 323 m, pop. 1,211 (1981: pop. 1,000), area 24.78 km2, popular destination for day-trips in the south-eastern part of the Vienna Woods, on the western slope of the Anninger mountain. - Special school run by the City of Vienna; quarry and stone-breaking works, building industry. - The Gothic parish church with choir (around 1300), converted in accordance with Baroque taste, and the former palace (1793), now the presbytery, together form a homogeneous Baroque ensemble; sculpture representing the scene of the Agony in the Garden (1710) by G. Giuliani; Ferdinand Raimund Museum.
Literature#Gemeinde Gaaden (ed.), Festschrift zur Wappenverleihung der Gemeinde Gaaden, 1983.