b. Vienna, Feb. 23, 1814, d. Vienna, Jan. 2, 1880, landscape and glass painter; brother of the painter Josef G. (1799-1885), great-uncle of Remigius Geyling. Studied at the Vienna Academy under A. Petter and J. Moessmer. Commissioned to produce the glass paintings for Laxenburg Castle (1840), after which he concentrated on glass painting. Founded a glass-painting workshop in 1841 in Vienna which exists to this day.
Further works#glass paintings for St. Stephen's Cathedral, Landhauskapelle, Votivkirche church, Klosterneuburg Abbey, cathedrals in Kaschau and Bratislava.