b. Villach (Carinthia), Sept. 27, 1936, sculptor. Gold-smith apprenticeship, then studied at the Hochschule fuer angewandte Kunst (now University of Applied Arts) in Vienna. Since 1975 professor at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna. Began by making sculptures out of scraps and later turned to figurated sculptures. Awarded the Austrian Decoration for Science and Art in 1997.
Literature#B. G., exhibition guide, Vienna 1990; P. Noever (ed.), B. G. - Die Ungeborenen, exhibition catalogue, Oesterreichisches Museum fuer angewandte Kunst, Vienna 1997.