Gloednitz, Carinthia, municipality in the district of Sankt Veit an der Glan, alt. 748 m, pop. 1,041, area 74.56 km2. Situated in the valley of the river Gloednitz in the Gurktaler Alps. - Tourism in the summer. First documented mention in 898, fortified church from the Gothic period, fortification wall, round charnel house (15th /16th century), high altar from 1742 Flattnitz.