Glanzstoff Austria AG#
Glanzstoff Austria AG: The fibre factory was opened on June 7, 1906 in the town of Sankt Poelten. From 1911 to 1913 viscose was the main product. Even though the company had 3,000 employees in 1929, it ceased operations from 1930 to 1932. After the Second World War it was an USIA plant administered by the Soviet occupation government from 1946 to 1955, then merged with the Dutch AKU and ENKA group (1956-1983). Subsequently a government-held company until it was taken over by Lenzing AG in 1987. In 1994 production was restricted to tyre rayon. In the same year take-over by C. Grupp and the CAG Holding GmbH and reorganisation as GmbH (limited liability company).