Grades, Carinthia, market town in the district of Sankt Veit an der Glan, alt. 870 m, in the Metnitz Valley near the border to the province of Styria; cadastral district of the market town of Metnitz. Sports field. - Romanesque parish church (12th century), Baroque modifications; frescoes from the 14th century), Gothic stained-glass windows (mid-14th century) and high altar (around 1680), ceiling frescoes (1780). To the West of Grades. St. Wolfgang pilgrimage church (1453-1474, late Gothic fortified church, with fortified walls of up to 9 m), one of the most splendid examples of the late Gothic period in Carinthia, large late Gothic winged altar (around 1520) with generous plastic decorations; Grades Castle (15th century), overlooking the River Metnitz, renovated in the 17/18th centuries, ceiling frescoes in the ballroom by J. Fromiller (1750-1760), now used as a nursery; on the road to Metnitz Maria Hoefl pilgrimage church (Gothic, extended in the 17th century) with stained-glass windows (1420-1430).