Grosskrut, Lower Austria, market town in the district of Mistelbach, alt. 181 m, pop. 1,697, area 38.69 km2, on the Poybach stream in the northeastern Weinviertel region. Lagerhaus agricultural co-operative. Romanesque-Gothic parish church with cross-ribbed vault (1486) and massive tower, high altar (around 1730); former charnel house incorporated into the church, relief representing the Mount of Olives (before 1500).
Literature#J. Pich, 900 Jahre Grosskrut, 1955.