unbekannter Gast


Gumpendorf, until 1850 suburb of Vienna, thereafter part of the 6th district; first documented in 1136. Earlier consisted of large wine-growing estates; one of the oldest settlements in Vienna, up to the 16th century property of the Pulgarn convent. The territory of Gumpendorf was purchased by the municipality of Vienna in the 18th century.


H. Kretschmer, Mariahilf, 1992.