Kaiserschuetzen, originally called "Landesschuetzen" (from1851), part of the Tirolean army, from 1871 formed military units of the Austrian and the Hungarian Landwehr (separate reserve units in Austria and Hungary and were not part of the k. u. k. (joint Austrian and Hungarian) Army) ( Kaiserjaeger); from 1893 there were 3 Kaiserjaeger regiments (Innsbruck, Bozen, Trient), which they were trained as alpine troops. In 1914 deployment in Galicia and from the summer of 1915 also at the southwestern Italian front. In January 1917 they were given the honorary name of "Kaiserschuetzen". Kaiserschuetzen museum in Innsbruck.
Literature#H. v. Lichem, Spielhahnstoss und Edelweiss. Die Friedens- und Kriegsgeschichte der Tiroler Hochgebirgstruppe "Die Kaiserschuetzen" von ihren Anfaengen bis 1918, 1977.