Some of the oldest evidence for anatomically modern humans has been found in Ethiopia, which is widely considered the region from which Homo sapiens first set out for the Middle East and points beyond.
Tracing its roots to the 2nd millennium BC, Ethiopia was a monarchy for most of its history.
Ethiopia is a multilingual nation with around 80 ethnolinguistic groups, the three largest of which are the Tigray, Oromo and Amhara.
Most people in the country speak Afroasiatic languages of the Cushitic or Semitic branches.
- Ethiopia is a land locked country.
- Ethiopia has largest boundary with Somalia which is approximately 1600 km.
- Ethiopia has shortest boundary with Djibouti which is approximately 349 km.
- The largest river in Ethiopia is Nile which is 6650 km.
- The largest export partner of Ethiopia is China.
- The largest import partner of Ethiopia is China.
Tourist Attraction#An Ethiopian boy finds rest and a good vantage point in an acacia tree.
- The national animal of Ethiopia is Lion.
- Calla Lily is the national flower of Ethiopia.
- The famous dance of Ethiopia is Eskista.
- The famous dishes of Ethiopia is Wat with injera and Fit-fit.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopia unter CC