Upon independence, declared in 1973 and recognised in 1974, the name of its capital, Bissau, was added to the country's name to prevent confusion with Guinea (formerly French Guinea).
- Guinea-Bissau has largest boundary with Guinea which is approximately 386 km.
- Guinea-Bissau has shortest boundary with Senegal which is approximately 338 km.
- The largest export partner of Guinea-Bissau is India.
- The largest import partner of Guinea-Bissau is Portugal.
- There are 3 seaports in Guinea-Bissau.
Tourist Attraction#Citizens take to the streets during Guinea-Bissau's 2005 presidential election.
- The national dish of Guinea-Bissau is Jollof rice.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea-Bissau unter CC