unbekannter Gast

Inner courtyard of the Castle of Good Hope Castle of Good Hope, Buitenkant Street, Kapstadt, Südafrika #

Inner courtyard of the Castle of Good Hope
Inner courtyard of the Castle of Good Hope, 2008
Photo: H. Maurer


The yellow paint on the walls was originally chosen because it reduced the effect of heat and the sun.

A wall, built to protect citizens in case of an attack, divides the inner courtyard. The original was built in 1695, but rebuilt in its current form between 1786 and 1790.