Honduras became independent in 1821 and has since been a republic, although it has consistently endured much social strife and political instability, remaining one of the poorest countries in the Western Hemisphere.
Honduras has the highest murder rate in the world.
- Honduras has largest boundary with Nicaragua which is approximately 922 km.
- Honduras has shortest boundary with Guatemala which is approximately 256 km.
- The largest export partner of Honduras is US.
- The largest import partner of Honduras is US.
- There are 9 seaports in Honduras.
Tourist Attraction#The ruins of Copán contain some of Central America's greatest Maya temples and tombs.
- Orchid is the national flower of Honduras
- The famous dishes of Honduras are Baleada, Carne asada, Sopa de Caracol (Conch Soup) etc.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honduras unter CC