unbekannter Gast

Cannons in Fort#

Cannons in Fort
Licensed under PD
Cannon in Fort Ticonderoga facing north towards Lake Champlain. The fort was constructed by the French between 1755 and 1758 to protect the lake from British forces approaching from the south.

Reconstruction on the fort began in the early 20th century and continues. The fort was rearmed in the 20th century with 14 24-pound cannon provided by the British Government.

The cannon had been cast in England for use during the American Revolutionary War, but the war ended before they were shipped.