The Economist named Uruguay "country of the year" in 2013 acknowledging the innovative policy of legalizing the production, sale and consumption of cannabis.
- Uruguay has largest boundary with Brazil which is approximately 1068 km.
- Uruguay has shortest boundary with Argentina which is approximately 580 km.
- The largest river in Uruguay is Uruguay River which is 1500 km.
- The largest export partner of Uruguay is Brazil.
- The largest import partner of Uruguay is China.
- There are 14 seaports in Uruguay.
Tourist Attraction#Colonia del Sacramento's well-preserved colonial center is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- The national bird of Uruguay is Southern lapwing.
- Ceibo Erythrina is the national flower of Uruguay
- The national sport of Uruguay is Destrezas Criollas.
- The famous dances of Uruguay areTango, Pericón, Candombe etc.
- The famous dishes of Uruguay are Asado, Chivito etc.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguay unter CC