- The largest river in Sri Lanka is Mahaweli Ganga which is 340 km.
- The largest export partner of Sri Lanka is US.
- The largest import partner of Sri Lanka is India.
- There are 9 seaports in Sri Lanka.
Many of the Buddhist ruins in the ancient city of Polonnaruwa date from the 12th century.
- The national bird of Sri Lanka is Sri Lanka junglefowl.
- The national sport of Sri Lanka is Volleyball.
- The famous dish of Sri Lanka is Rice and curry.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sri Lanka unter CC