Turkmenistan possesses the world's fourth largest reserves of natural gas resources.
Most of the country is covered by the Karakum (Black Sand) Desert.
According to Human Rights Watch, "Turkmenistan remains one of the world’s most repressive countries.
- Turkmenistan is a land locked country.
- Turkmenistan has largest boundary with Uzbekistan which is approximately 1621 km.
- Turkmenistan has shortest boundary with Kazakhstan which is approximately 379 km.
- The largest river in Turkmenistan is Amu Darya which is 2620 km.
- The largest export partner of Turkmenistan is China.
- The largest import partner of Turkmenistan is China.
- There are 4 seaports in Turkmenistan.
Tourist Attraction#Turkmenistan's sparsely inhabited deserts contain hidden gems of Islamic architecture.
- The famous dance of Turkmenistan is Kyushtdepdi.