Following the breakup of the Soviet Union, it declared independence as the Republic of Uzbekistan on 31 August 1991 (officially celebrated the following day).
- Uzbekistan is a land locked country.
- Uzbekistan has largest boundary with Kazakhstan which is approximately 2203 km.
- Uzbekistan has shortest boundary with Afghanistan which is approximately 137 km.
- The largest river in Uzbekistan is Syr Darya
which is 3080 km.
- The largest export partner of Uzbekistan is China.
- The largest import partner of Uzbekistan is Russia.
- There is 1 seaport in Uzbekistan.
A family strolls past a madrassa, or Islamic religious school, in the city of Khiva.
- Text marked as italic is taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzbekistan unter CC.