Cahtedral in Perpignan#
The building of the cathedral was begun in 1324 by King Sancho of Majorca, and later finished in the 15th century.
It replaced the Cathedral of Elna, and therefore the church was at first the seat of the Bishop of Elne, and then, from 1602, of the Bishop of Perpignan.
The cathedral is in the Catalan Gothic style, because of its association with the Kingdom of Majorca. It has a wide nave (80 meters long, 18 m wide), seven cross-vaults, and has a short transept and apse, whose vault requieres seven keys.
Note the Catalonian-type flags showing the close relationship of Perpignan with Catalonia and Barcelona.