unbekannter Gast

Kornelimünster - West Building#

Kornelimünster - West Building
Kornelimünster - West Building, 2014, © Leopold Röhrer

The oldest parts date from the 9th century and have been extended in the 15th and 16th century. Until the 13th century the main portal was in its east wall. The ground floor also served as a court of justice, which can be seen by its brick benches. From its northern room a door from the time around 1500 AD. leads to the inner north nave.
Die ältesten Teile stammen aus dem 9. Jahrhundert und wurden im 15. und 16. Jahrhundert erweitert. In der Ostwand befand sich bis in das 13. Jahrhundert das Hauptportal. Das Erdgeschosses diente auch als Gerichtsstätte, woran heute noch gemauerte Bänke erinnern. Aus seinem nördlichen Raum führt eine Tür aus der Zeit um 1500 zum inneren Nordschiff.