unbekannter Gast

Church of the Holy spirit#

Church of the Holy spirit
Licensed under PD
The Heilliggeistkirche (Church of the Holy Spirit) in Heidelberg is first mentioned in 1239. It was the third church to be built on the market place site and it took some 150 years to construct.

From about 1706 to 1936 the church was divided by an internal wall that allowed both Catholic and Protestant services to be held within at the same time. In 1936 the wall was removed and the church became exclusively Protestant.