Church of Our Lady (1)#
The original Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady) in Dresden, a Baroque Lutheran place of worship, was built in the 18th century. The distinctive structure was completely destroyed by the bombing of 1945.
Reconstruction was begun in 1993, after German reunification, and completed in 2005. Today the church serves as a symbol of reconciliation between former warring enemies and is a hugely popular tourist destination.