unbekannter Gast

Bad Wimpfen - Imperial Palace; Palatine Chapel#

Bad Wimpfen - Imperial Palace; Palatine Chapel
Bad Wimpfen - Imperial Palace; Palatine Chapel, 2013, © Leopold Röhrer

The chapel, built after 1160, was dedicated to St. Nicholas of Myra. Even before the Thirty Years War (1618-1648) the chapel was used as an armoury and warehouse and later on, in 1835, sold to citizens of the city, who used it as a residential house with stables. After its dismantling in the early 20th century it now houses a church historical museum.
Die Kapelle aus der Zeit nach 1160 war dem heiligen Nikolaus von Myra geweiht. Schon vor dem Dreißigjährigen Krieg (1618-1648) wurde die Kapelle als Zeug- und Lagerhaus genutzt und später, um 1835, an Bürger der Stadt verkauft, die es als Wohnhaus mit Stallungen nutzten. Nach einem Rückbau Anfang des 20. Jahrhunderts befindet sich nun ein kirchenhistorisches Museum in der Kapelle.