unbekannter Gast

Kleincomburg - Romanesque Pillar Basilica#

Kleincomburg - Romanesque Pillar Basilica
Kleincomburg - Romanesque Pillar Basilica, 2013, © Leopold Röhrer

The Church of St. Giles, a magnificent Romanesque complex and built on the hill opposite Großcomburg between 1108 and 1120, is only a few minutes of walking distance away from Großcomburg. The Kleincomburg with its prominent Church of St. Giles was founded in 1108 by Count Heinrich. First nunnery, then - among other - priory and administrative centre, the small complex was later converted into a hospital for poor women.
Die Kirche St. Ägidius, ein herrliches Bauwerk der Romanik und auf dem Hügel gegenüber Großcomburg zwischen 1108 und 1120 erbaut, liegt nur wenige Gehminuten von Großcomburg entfernt. Die Kleincomburg mit ihrer markanten Ägidiuskirche wurde 1108 von Graf Heinrich gestiftet. Erst Frauenkloster, dann - unter anderem - Propstei und Verwaltungssitz, wurde die kleine Anlage später in ein Spital für arme Frauen umgewandelt.