The Heilig-Geist-Spital Heilig-Geist-Spital , a Hospital, was built in the years 1332 and 1339 as Nuremberg's biggest civic facility for the provision of elderly and sick people in part over the riverbed of the river Pegnitz. Legend claims, that the hospital was the objective of one bad jest of Till Eulenspiegel, a famous wandering rogue, around 1340. Between 1424 and 1796 it was the repository of the imperial insignia. In the following centuries the hospital was modified and extended. The Heilig-Geist-Spital was nearly destroyed in 1945 by bombs and later on, between 1951 and 1953, reconstructed. Nowadays the hospital is used as a residential home for the elderly.