unbekannter Gast


from left to right: Maxbrücke, Weinstadel, Wasserturm and Henkersteg, 2013
© Elisabeth Ertl

One of the most beautiful half-timbered houses is surely the Weinstadel Weinstadel , roughly translated as "wine barn". It was built between 1446 and 1448 as a hospital for leprous people. The building was used since 1528 as a store for wine after banishing the leprous people from inside the city walls. Beside the Weinstadel is the Wasserturm ("water tower"), built in 1325, as part of the penultimate town fortification.